The Horomayr monastery is located to the southeast of Odzun (Օձուն) village in Lori province.
The monastery was one of the most important spiritual centers of medieval Armenia and was founded in the 7th century.
The monastic complex includes two one-nave vaulted churches and a vestibule located between them.
The main church was built in 1187 while the southern church was constructed under architect Grigor Kargorts in 1206 by the order of the abbot of the monastery Samvel.
The latter church was built of white cut tuff. Its roof rests on crossed arches and has a rich floral ornament.