April in Jukhtakvank. In the dense forests of Dilijan this small monastery, beautiful in its modesty and simplicity, is hidden.
The name comes from the word “jhukht” which means “couple”, since the complex includes two buildings: Surb Astvatsatsin and Surb Grigor churches.
On the walls of Surb Astvatsatsin, there are chronicle inscriptions from which it follows that this church was built in 1201 by the efforts of the priest Ayrapet and the master Sarkis, and Surb Grigor already existed by that time.
The ninth photo shows traces of a recently performed of matagh (sacrifice).