The Church of St. Astvatsatsin crowns the heights of the Yerevan quarter of Nork. The church is located not far from the former villa residence of the Ter-Avetikyan family, famous entrepreneurs of that time.
The church was destroyed by an earthquake of 1679. At the beginning of the 20th century, it was rebuilt with the help of the Ter-Avetikyan brothers, but in the 1930s, it became a victim of the Soviet policy of persecution of faith and religion.
But even being dilapidated, on the commemoration days of Mary, Mother of God, the church was visited by numerous pilgrims not only from Nork but also from other regions of Armenia.
After Armenia became independent in 1991, the residents of Nork undertook the reconstruction of St. Astvatsatsin church with donations from the Nork-Marash union association. In 1995, the church opened its doors to believers again.