Harisa has been prepared for the holiday of Navasard. On the 1st of the month of Navasard (August 11), the Armenians have celebrated the New Year, and harisa was an integral part of the festive table.
Harisa was also an obligatory daily food for the army due to its nutritional value. The Armenian army has celebrated its victories at the tables with harisa as well.
And now, people in the Musaler region make harisa and every year celebrate the victory of Musa Dagh of 1915.
If you are interested, the ingredients of harisa are:
- Chicken, 1 kg.
- Wheat groats (large), 500 grams.
- Salt to taste.
How to cook:
- Boil the chicken, separate the bones, and cut the meat into pieces.
- Pour pre-soaked wheat groats into the boiling chicken stock.
- Add chicken meat and cook over low heat.
- Mix the porridge occasionally and continue cooking until you get a homogeneous, viscous mass.
- Salt to your taste.