This Armenian Protestant Church building was located at one tip of the Tilfandir District, adjacent to the American Mission.
The Armenian Protestant Church was founded in 1880 and was designed by the architect Kel Krikor. Pastor Hagop Abouhayatian played a large role in ensuring the construction of this church.
He was a native of Ourfa, and in 1877 he traveled to Germany where he raised funds to support the construction of the church.
During those days of pogroms and persecution, the Armenian Protestant Church was spared, most probably thanks to the efforts of the American mission.
During the years of the Genocide, the Turkish authorities converted the church into a storehouse for a local orphanage.
by Houshamadyan from Mano Chil