Judging by the wall inscriptions, it was built by the rector of the Haghpat monastery Bishop Hovhannes in 1233.t was called the fortress “Haghpat Surb Nshan” (the names Kayan berd and Dsevank have been given to it later).
It was destroyed by Tatars in 1241. Inside, there are the preserved ruins of numerous buildings, basins, clay pipes for water supply. In the fortress, there is Dsevan church Surb Astvatsatsin.
Крепость Каян : Дсеванк Kayan berd and Dsevank in Russian
Introduction Long before Urartian kings inscribed their names in cuneiform on the cliffs of Van,…
A Coalition Beneath the Mountain Among the oracles of judgment collected in the Book of…
If you have ever climbed the Cascade in Yerevan and looked up at the tall,…
On a rocky promontory above the southwestern shore of Lake Sevan, at an elevation of…
Among the most arresting objects to survive from the Early Iron Age Near East are…
How a promise made to genocide survivors was traded away for peace with Ankara —…